Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Repair Level Id Operation Disallowed


During one of my assignments of copying the data from one environment to another I faced this issue. In our site we generally use DSN1COPY Db2 offline utility to copy the data. After successful translation of OBID's and PSID's in the dataset we run the REPAIR LEVELID utility in absence of which we face 'Resource Unavailable" with reason code 00C2010D(DB2 was unable to open a required data set because an unexpected level ID was encountered).
While running the REPAIR LEVELID I came across the issue of "REAPIR LEVELID OPERATION DISALLOWED".
Displaying the corresponding DATABASE didn't help me. There were no claimers. Searching the manuals I found the possible reasons like
  • The data set was in use at the time the REPAIR utility was run.
  • The page set has outstanding log apply activity (an indoubt UR has interest in the page set or the page set has pages in the logical page list (LPL)).
I checked for the second option ie. –DIS DATABASE(DBNAME) SP(SPNAME) LPL ….. but to increase my efforts it gave nothing.
Then I tracked back the sequence of the process in my JCL .In the prior step, DSN1COPY was used and translations of OBID were done and then the REPAIR LEVELID was initiated. Due to some reason the Dataset was not closed as I checked in CA Insight and hence the Repair was not successful.
So I decided to REAPIR LEVELID of all the TS and it successfully completed.
So if you face similar issue 1) just check if any utility is stopped using the resource.2) Check if the corresponding dataset is open. 3) Rerun the job after some time.
Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment